- Williamson High School Graduate, 1974, Williamson, WV
- Attended Southern West Virginia Community College, 1977-1978
- Southern College of Optometry, Doctor of Optometry, Bachelor of Science, 1978-1982
- Senior Externship, Gordon Butterfield, O.D, Charleston, WV, 1981
- Senior Externship, St. Luke's Hospital, New Port Richey, FL, 1982
- Member of the American Optometric Association since 1982
- Member of the West Virginia Optometric Association since 1982
- Past member of The National Association of Sports Vision, Contact Lens Section of the America Optometric Association
In 1950, my father, J.H. Wilson, O.D., began practicing Optometry here in Williamson with Dr. J. F. Brown. Several years later, Dr. Brown retired, leaving my father with the solo practice. He practiced general Optometry with heavy emphasis in geriatric care. In 1962, the office was relocated from the Ammar Building to 106 Logan Street. In June 1996, we proudly opened our freestanding building at 126 West 2nd Avenue. This 3200 square foot, state-of-the-art facility offers the most modern equipment and computerization as well as ample parking for our staff and patients.
I joined my father as a Southern College of Optometry graduate (Memphis, TN) in 1982. My special interests areas are pediatric, geriatric, contact lenses, sports vision, low vision, refractive surgery, and primary eyecare. Also, with the West Virginia diagnostic and therapeutic drug legislation in place, I have been certified to practice the full scope of Optometry as defined by that law.
I have been an active member of the American Optometric Association, the West Virginia Optometric Association, National Academy of Sports Vision, Better Vision Institute, and Contact Lens Section of the AOA. I also have been active in the First Baptist Church, Tug Valley Arts Council, WildWood Garden Club, Williamson’s Main Street Program, and the Tug Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Our office is a model private vision care center carefully designed and equipped to offer our patients the finest and most sophisticated eyecare available.
My hobbies including computing, music (particularly jazz in all forms), snow skiing, tennis, but most of all, spending time with my wife and two terrific sons.